What we do at Crowland to keep your children safe
'Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility, every day.'
Our first and foremost priority is to keep your child safe and healthy. We know that if children are safe and well they will come and school and learn well. At Crowland we see all of the following things as an important part of keeping your child safe in our care.
- The health and safety of all children
- Making sure that the adults who work here have undergone safety and security checks
- Protecting children from deliberate harm
- Being an anti-bullying school
- Being proactive against racist behaviour
- Protecting our children from harassment and discrimination
- A positive approach to behaviour management including the use of physical intervention safely, when necessary
- Meeting the needs of children with medical conditions
- Providing first aid
- Protecting children from drug and substance abuse
- Children enjoying safe educational visits
- Caring for children’s personal needs
- Keeping children safe when using the internet and making sure they are aware of cyber bullying
- Making sure our school is secure and safe
- Being a 'listening school'
- Ensuring they know who to go in school if they have a problem
Your child and their health, safety and welfare are our number one priority. We employ the following strategies to keep your child healthy and safe...
All staff receive appropriate training in Safeguarding and Child Protection to ensure that they are aware of the school’s procedures for child protection and their responsibilities. We have a written policy and procedures for Child Protection complying with Local Authority guidance.
The Designated Teacher for Child Protection is: Stavroulla Stavrinou (Headteacher). The designated governor for Child Protection is Rose Dowling.