The funding enables the school to extend its provision so as to maximise potential through additional supporting staff in class distributed across the full age range of the school and thereby strengthening support for children. Nationally, disadvantaged children achieve less well compared to other pupils. There is a large gap in the attainment nationally between pupil premium children and non-pupil premium children in all key stages. Pupil premium funding has been given to help schools close this gap.
Pupil Premium pupils over the past few years have performed very well at Crowland. However, we remain totally committed to continue to raise the achievement of all pupils, and as far as we are able, aiming to narrow the achievement gap between disadvantaged and non-disadvantaged pupils.
The Pupil Premium Grant is deployed so as to help the eligible pupils to:
- raise attainment in English, Mathematics, Reading
- provide social, emotional and behaviour support.
- improve attendance
- impact on children’s wellbeing and engagement
- provide access to extra-curricular activities.
- provide booster tuition to targeted groups of year 6 pupils